Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween Books: Paper Bag Style!

I am always on the look-out for cute and easy book or foldable ideas. The other day, while surfing Pinterest I found this great DIY book idea from Hooty's Homeroom. I am in love with it! I am actually going to use it at a teaching conference where I am doing a presentation (for the attendees to put their notes in), but I thought I'd try it out with my kids first! We decided to do Halloween style books.

Here they are, busy at work!


The front cover:


The inside:





There are six pages altogether, plus pockets to put extras in. Don't you just love those! And there are so many uses for them, regardless of the age of your children! Be sure to check out Hooty's Homeroom for a great tutorial on how to make the books!

Also, our fossils from last week are nice and dry now. Here is the finished product! Not totally sure what to do with these now - perhaps it will be one of those art projects that mysteriously disappears overnight...


And lastly, ever just turn your kids loose with a table full of art supplies? Sounds scary, but it will buy you at least 30 minutes of time to get something done. Yikes.


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment